Friday, August 27, 2010

college college college (:



College life....wow where do I start! I love the freedom we are given, the opportunity to leave the campus when we want and the fact that Sunway Pyramid is so nearby it gives us something to do when we have those long breaks with no classes! The first thing I noticed about college life was how different it is to high school, not only with being around older people, and the freedom, but also the independence we are given to make our assignments. So far I love it :)
First day I walked into the classroom, I knew I would be the only white person, and I was scared that it would jeopardise the opportunity for me to make friends, because I was different to everyone else, BUT luckily! I met the people I did on that day, and they included me in everything, making me feel like it was where I belong, and that’s something I really appreciate, and through that I met other people who I have become friends with :)

Each time I visited the campus to sort things out, such as my visa, or payments before the semester started it made me nervous about the size of the campus combined with my terrible sense of direction, which would allow me to get lost…a lot! But I quickly got used to it, I think the whole campus being separated into different blocks helped hugely, even though I still get lost.
With the campus still being under construction and all, I really don’t know how it will turn out, but im looking forward to finding out! Can’t wait until STARBUCKS opens :) yummy! I am pretty sure I will be in there a lot, and will most likely be relying on it to wake me up in the mornings.

For the first week of college, I wasn’t sure if I was going to be staying, because I hadn’t gotten my results then, so I was scared about making some really great friends, such as Shazwani, Kavita, Afiqah, Dhanisha, Ellie, Irene, Shana, Amalina, Mariah and Mitchell, because I didn’t know if I was going to have to leave after the first few weeks, im so relieved I passed, because I love all of them so much already and its great to know I get to spend the next 2 and a half years with them. Thanks to these people, I look forward to going to college :)

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome post rachel! wish that u can get a great coll life here.((:

    ReplyDelete
  3. have a great college life.. rachel...

    ReplyDelete
  4. be excited about baskin robbins too :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks :)
    haha shazwani, ofc ICE-CREAM :D yummy
    xx

    ReplyDelete